Tuesday, January 29, 2008

birds of a feather...well, you know what they do.


Yeah! My bird garland is complete! I'm not sure what made me want to do this in the first place - my love of birds and frill, I suppose - but it turned out quite lovely. I used hand-me-down scraps from my mom, some from my humble fabric bin, and clearance swatches from WalMart.
Day 1: Drawing a pattern, pinning, and cutting. This helped me through the James Bond movie John Jay made me watch.
Day 2: Sewing and stuffing. I experimented with the different stitches on my machine to sew up their tails. 4 birds down, 8 to go.
Day 3: More sewing and stuffing. I was in such a hurry to finish, I sewed one guy shut before he got stuffed. Hence the head count of 11 instead of a nice even dozen...curses!
Day 4: String them up!
They spin, twirl and are totally useless...and I love them!



They were originally intended for Judah's room, but turned out a bit girlie. They can perch in my room for a while until they migrate somewhere else.

5 comments:

Ginger / Mom / Gran said...

I LOVE THEM!!! Great job, girlie! And my favorite place for them to land is as shown in the hallway "window" by your flower painting.

Can't wait to see the next project!

Chris Larsen said...

See, now I know what to do with my old socks that don't have a partner. You're awesome!

Lora said...

Corey, Found your blog-via The Love's. The Bird's are great. Would make a nice "Mobile" for Dr. Dale's bed. Maybe I'll try one!

Gina/MiMi said...

Corrie, you have so much creative energy. There is nothing you can't do. I can tell you are enjoying being a wife and mom so much. I hope your energy rubs off on those around you. Does the sound of the sewing machine take John Jay back to his childhood? Enjoy creating. love ya

corporate gifts for clients said...

nice blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...