Friday, January 18, 2008

bibtastic

my first "real" sewing project has been nothing but bibs, bibs, and more bibs. using one of judah's bibs as a pattern, i made several from red and white fabric leftover from an ikea purchase. i used a simple zig-zag stitch so that the edges would fray once washed. two are for my best friend's daughter, siriana. judah gets to keep the one i messed up on. my friend anne emailed me the idea for the "sunday bib" that judah is wearing in the last picture.
what i learned:
-don't let the thread run out. (see my nasty color change mid-project!)
-the little plastic pin-heads will melt when ironed.
-i sew like i drive: barefoot and with only my big toe on the pedal.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

i love judah's bib and i'm sure it's more comfortable than wearing an actual tie:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...