Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Answer to the Riddle...

My lovely friend/neighbor/photographer (Anne) gave me a bag of old clothes a few weeks (cough!...months) ago to use as scrap fabric. Along with this bag was a smaller brown bag with about five things that were of no use to her, but she still loved the material/prints and asked if I could make something else out of them. I tried and tried to think of ways to alter them to still be wearable, but I failed miserably. So I made owls. Don't ask me how I arrived there, but here they are.








































I love the one with lacy underoos second from the right . And the one with the orange-edged pocket inspired a birthday present for Judah. (I'll post about that later).

Thanks for the fabric Anne! And thanks for being so easily pleased...

2 comments:

Denise said...

I've been reading Harry Potter, who uses owls for mail. Then I watched an episode of Ace of Cakes where they made a cute owl cake. Then I saw your blog. I took it as a sign and tried to make my own owl cake. My creative ideas always look awesome in my head, but they mess up in transmission! I love looking at your creations, Corrie, Judah included.

AmberG said...

Your creations are so simple and yet wondrous! They are so thoughtful and always made with love and joy! Target ain't got nothing on you girl. You make things that are connected to memories and what is really important in life! I have a request, make me a necklace with red beads and send me the bill ($20 limit).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...