Monday, June 16, 2008

Peaches N' Cream

This is what the Alvaro boys have for birthdays. Wanda Hummel (Hi Wanda) brought it to my mom-in-law when they first moved to Watertown, NY (John Jay's birth place) many moons ago. Mrs. Gina shared it with me thankfully, since it's a staple for my hubby's special days - and he's had quite a few lately. Because he was chosen to be (one of few) FTE Fellows 2008, he was shipped off to their conference for the last few days. As if that wasn't enough to celebrate, he missed his birthday and 1/2 of Father's Day too! So we had a lot of celebratory catching up to do. Peaches N' Cream and Pizza Rolls (grease bombs) were waiting on him when he returned.

Peaches N' Cream:
3/4 c plain flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
(or 3/4 c self-rising flour instead of above 3 ingredients)
3 oz. box vanilla pudding (not instant)
3 T butter
1 egg
1/2 c milk
---
15-20 oz. sliced peaches
---
3 T syrup/juice from peaches
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar
---
1 t sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
















• Preheat oven to 350˚. Grease 9" pie pan.
• Combine first 7 ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into pie pan.
• Arrange peaches over batter.
• Beat together cream cheese, juice and 1/2 c sugar at medium speed until smooth. Spread over peaches to within 1" of pan edge. Lick beaters.
• Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm.

I've often thought, "Oh, this would be nice with BLUEberries, instead of peaches!" or "Maybe I could use whole wheat flour and add some oats." But I am under strict instruction not to alter this one!

I think I've reached my maximum limit for "( )'s" in one post. (Sorry.)

1 comment:

John Jay said...

That dessert was (super) awesome. I wish I could have that dessert on the 12th of every month. Just something to think about, I know I will.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...